Tuesday 20 November 2007

The grand plan revealed

Have I mentioned our "grand plan" here? I don't believe I have. Well, the details are finally confirmed so the time has come to reveal all.

Rachael goes back to work in January. She's going to be working two days a week, and Ainsworth will be being looked after by... (wait for it...)

Me!

Yes, we're really going to give it a go. My application to go part-time has been approved, so from January we're splitting the week between us and I'll get to spend two whole days in the company of the most amazing person. It'll do us the world of good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We're doing something similar, and it's working even better than we hoped. I hope you love it as much as Justin does. It's a challenge sometimes, but Milo seems to be benefiting greatly.

Little Ainsworth asked Milo a technical question, which he passed on to me: I used Morpheus Photo Morpher 3.01 - VERY IMPORTANT to get the Professional version and not the Standard version, as the Standard version does not produce any animation - I'm not sure why they even sell it, because it's useless. I then imported each mini Quicktime movie from Morpheus into iMovie to make one continuous movie to which I can add monthly (which is my master plan). I looked at several other packages/brands, but Morpheus was by far the easiest to manipulate (very important for me but maybe not a big deal for you), and it had a Mac version, which not all do (but also a Windows version, if you're so inclined). Several producers offer a free trial, but a trial is not enough to do a whole movie, just FYI. My other comment about the process would be to not be afraid to cover the little guy in dots - the more the merrier! Good luck!

Smarshy said...

A grand plan indeed. I really wish I had been able to do that.

Do they have any daycare down at the pub?

Trevor Coultart said...

Now there's an idea, Smarshy.