Friday 29 June 2007

Will they ever update this?

I've been waiting expectantly for Mum or Dad to update this because they've not put anything here for a couple of weeks now. Honestly. What are they thinking? They claim to be busy, but I can't imagine what's taking them so much time.

Well, I guess it's up to me to keep this thing going.

I last posted from Grandma's computer in Scotland. We'd gone on a long journey - on the train, as I still complain when they put me in the car seat (though a little less than I used to) - and were in Scotland for Uncle Ben's wedding. I met lots of people for the first time and had lots of fun. Mum and Dad had found me a great outfit. It was a bit big but I didn't mind because I've not dressed so smartly before and I wanted to look my best for the photos. And I'm going to another wedding in a couple of weeks when it might fit a bit better. Mum and Dad tried to dress nicely, too, but they just couldn't compete.

There were only twelve people at the wedding, but they all seemed pretty fascinated by me and I had to resign myself to the fact that I'd be prodded and poked much of the day. I slept through the ceremony (everyone said that was clever) but afterwards we all went back to the hotel (I did the trip in my carseat in a minibus both ways without compaining!) for a great meal. I decided it must be time to wake up when everyone else sat down to eat. Uncle Ben and Aunty Victoria had put a lovely teddy in my place at the table so I spent some time chatting to him while the grown ups chatted to each other. We all stayed up very late that evening chatting. I laid in my pram and tried to listen to the conversations, but they were all talking at the same time so I couldn't really follow it all.

After the wedding I stayed up in Scotland at Grandma's for a few more days and spent some time visiting more people. Uncle George, who I've met a few times, wanted to play with me lots and helped me dance to some very old jazz music which was great fun - if a little unnerving at times. (He lifted me right up high to the ceiling!) Then ho let me show him my keyboard skills. Daddy often plays the piano with me, but the keys are quite hard for me to press. Uncle George's keyboard is easy! And when we went for a long walk on the beach the next day he kept me nice and cosy out of the wind.

We've been back home for a couple of weeks now, and much more has happened, but it's very late and Daddy says I should be in bed. I must tell you that I've been managing to push up on my hands pretty well, and the other day when I was having a good look around I wobbled a bit and found myself on my back. Quite how that happens I'll never know, but it's happened a few times now.

4 comments:

Milo said...

Wow, what a big adventure you had! Isn't traveling the best? I like your snazzy vest, too; I need to find me one of those.

Keep up the good work, with the push ups and the rolling over!

Unknown said...

Ainsworth it's good to see you are keeping your parents on your toes! I often think my mum is lazing on the job. I will very often start chatting it up with her until she responds. Don't you love it when they smile? So very cute of them, those parents of ours.

I love the mat you are laying on...I have the same one!! I find that elephant to be quite interesting. The giraffe is great to grab a hold off and shake all about. Also, did you happen to get the one with the baby that looks at you? Mine has one, she's really quite cute, always smiling?!

I haven't mastered the art of rolling over yet, but I do use my arms. Soon, very soon!

Take Care,
Kirsten

Alli and Frankie said...

Oh, he looks so cute in his little vest! Glad you are all back home safe and sound.

How can he possibly be pushing up already? Does the time fly by as fast for you as it does for me looking in? :)

Ainsworth said...

Daddy, why are those people talking abobut my vest? You can't see my vest in any of those photos.

I am wearing a very nice waistcoat, though.