Sunday 13 January 2008

A different kind of week

Something funny happened this week, and I think I quite liked it - although I was a bit confused at first. It started on Tuesday morning: when I woke up, Mummy gave me my milk as normal but then she went out to work and left me to look after Daddy by myself until it was nearly my bath time. I had to explain to him what we like to do on a Tuesday, and he must have understood because after breakfast he took me to the library where I meet up with a group for some singing. I was pretty tired after that so I got Daddy to walk me around in my pram for an hour and a half. I find the movement helps me to sleep, but I think he might have stopped for a coffee at some point. We spent the afternoon playing at home and I practiced walking with my new toddle-truck. I surprised everyone last week by pulling myself up on it and strolling right across the room without anyone's help.

Mummy was very pleased to see me when she finally came home, so I gave her an extra-big cuddle on the sofa. She looked like she needed it.

If I thought Tuesday was odd, though, you should hear what happened on Wednesday: I woke up and Mummy had already gone out! I called out for Daddy, and he had to give me my milk and my breakfast. We went out shopping in the morning (some people might think that's pretty boring, but I quite enjoy it because there's always lots of interesting stuff to look at), but because Daddy wanted to get back in the car to come home we had lunch at a funny time and I didn't really feel very hungry. It was okay though, because in the afternoon I took daddy along to
Sing and Sign with some of my best friends. (I haven't really got the hang of any of the signs yet, but I do like to point at things and have lately started to clap and wave, too.) I slept in the car after that, and then my supper was late.

After all the confusion it was good to wake up on Thursday and find things back to normal. I wonder what will happen this week?

1 comment:

Milo said...

Dude, it sounds really cool. I hang out with my daddy, too, while my mommy goes to school, and it seems the real fun is with the daddies. Mine takes me swimming and to coffee shops and watches Elmo's World on Sesame Street with me, whereas my mommy wants me to to do boring stuff like eat dinner and pick up my blocks and go to bed. The daddies rock!