Monday 28 January 2008

New timetable

Remember I told you about my funny week? Well it's happened three times now and shows every sign of continuing. The biggest clue, apart from the smile on Daddy's face, is the new timetable that's appeared on my bedroom door. Mummy or Daddy show it to me every day to help me keep track of what type of day it is. There are "Mummy Days", "Daddy Days" and - best of all - "Mummy and Daddy Days".

My week

We had a really good Mummy and Daddy day this weekend, when we went to visit a small zoo not far from here. There were tigers and ponies and and lemurs and donkeys and parrots and pigs and lions and fish and bats and GIANT
guinea pigs and snakes and raccoons and goats and lots of other animals. Oh, and a llama who kept aiming his sneezes at me. Daddy ran away to keep us safe. My favorites were the macaws. They were talking to me so I tried to talk back. I need to practice my macaw noises though because I don't think they understood me. The goats were shouting at each other as well and that made me laugh.

Feeding ponies
Mummy and me feeding a pony

There was also a huge ball pool and not many people there so I had it all to myself for ages, which gave Mum and dad the chance to eat their sandwiches.

How many balls?!

I've just read what Daddy's been saying about me. It's true I did use my potty a few times, but I think Daddy was a bit too proud (and why should he be proud when it's me that's being clever) so let me tell you I've decided very definitely not to use it since then. I am not sitting on the thing. No. I. Am. Not.

Anyway, I must go and get some sleep now - I think I've got a Daddy day coming up and I want lots of energy to keep him busy.

Busy Schedule
Planning my next special day

1 comment:

Sam said...

i love the idea of a weeks timetable like that, its such a nice way to let him know whats going to happen!

We do a similar ish thing. Each night as part of Charlies routine we talk about what we did today, and what we are planning on doing tomorrow. Charlie now sometimes joins in by doing a sign of something shes done, or that she wants to do. I've no idea if she has any concept of time but i definatley think it helps her know where she stands.

Im tempted to pinch your idea too!